SINGLE AND MULTIPLE MISSING TEETH
Trying to cope with multiple missing teeth isn’t easy. If you are thinking of replacing multiple teeth one needs to be consider the alternatives before making a decision of which treatment is best for you. Below there are the three main alternatives to multiple missing teeth.
This is essentially a ‘false tooth’ or a ‘plate’. The removable denture is usually made of acrylic and it should fit in the mouth by way of an accurate snug fit.
- A removable denture is the most affordable option ( £295 for more information see our dental implants price list ).
- It can be made in made in 8 hours.
- Aesthetically pleasant.
- No surgery is needed, hence its simpler for both patient and dentist than the other alternatives
- Causes no damage to the adjacent teeth
- Not a permanent/fixed solution.
- Can cause difficulty with speech and eating through movement.
- Can cause soreness and irritation to gums.
- Slows but does not prevent bone loss caused by missing teeth.
- Must be replaced every 3-6 years.
FIXED DENTAL BRIDGE ON NATURAL TEETH
This is also known as a ‘bridge’ and is different from a removable denture in that it is Fixed on the natural teeth. A Fixed Dental Bridge is not removable as it is cemented onto the adjacent natural teeth with dental cement. The Fixed Dental Bridge is made of metal and porcelain.
A dental implant acts like a fixed tooth in your mouth. It is the closest alternative to a natural tooth which is available today. A dental implant is the most conservative option of all three alternatives. Implants are made of titanium and act like artificial roots which support a crown.
WHAT ARE OUR PATIENTS SAYING?
I had 2 implants, all in all took 10 months to complete, but wow was I happy with the results, cannot put into words how happy I am, my amazing dentist Aura Fanandez was fantastic, I was probably one of the most nervous patients, but I shouldn't of been, it never hurt once. Really !! So recommend them.
From the beginning of the process to my final fit of all on four implants the care I received from Bruno and all his team was excellent. Bruno's manner is caring and non intimidating. His attention to detail with regard to getting my final teeth to look 'just right' was exemplary.
Ready to make a change?
Schedule a free, no obligation consultation online today.